Author Topic: Game Cloud Emulator Bugs  (Read 9349 times)

root

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Game Cloud Emulator Bugs
« on: November 01, 2013, 10:31:22 AM »
All and every thing that is not working as you think it should, please do report here and our team will do its best to answer you and solve it ASAP!

-- the GCC Team 8)

Dechcaudron

• View Profile
Re: Game Cloud Emulator Bugs
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 10:28:32 PM »
Hi GCC!

So it seems I just gained access to the forum, which is awesome! Just stopping by to report a bug that has stopped me from getting to try out the power of the emulator. Have a look at what I get when I try to generate game files:

I believe the CEO is already aware of this as I got in touch with him via email, but I though a picture was better than a thousand words. Is there a walkaround for this issue? Were you aware of this?

Dechcaudron

georgi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 11:10:43 AM »
Thank you for your report. We will investigate the problem and get in touch with you as soon as possible.

--the GCC team

Antoine

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 08:54:26 AM »
Hi Dechcaudron,

Thank you for reporting this. It seems that there was a problem with the paths under different operating systems. The issue is fixed and you can download the new package from our site

Should more issues appear, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Happy coding,
Antoine,
The GCC Team
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 09:56:32 AM by Antoine »

Dechcaudron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 02:31:15 PM »
Great! It really is solved! Let's see what we can do with this :)

Dechcaudron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 11:20:16 PM »
Hello again,

I was just following the emulator tutorial to get started using pgAdmin3 and Yemulator, and I've been following every single step up to step 8. I can't run Yemulator, since when I try to run it in Xamarin Studio I get errors in Program.cs:

cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("password", pd.password);
cmd.Parameters.AddWithValue("username", pd.username);

Xamarin apparently can't find a definition for AddWithValue in Npgsql.NpgsqlParameterCollection

I followed everything as specified previously. Am I missing something? Is it a bug again?

Running on Mac OSX 10.9.2

georgi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 12:20:21 PM »
We started investigating the problem and we will get in touch with you as soon we find a solution.

Antoine

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 09:09:28 AM »
Hi Dechcaudron,

Are you sure you've added the references as specified in step 8 from Getting Started, the Mono.Security.dll and Npgsql.dll ?

We tried to reproduce the error and it occurred if we didn't add the references. Once we added them everything runs at it's supposed to.

Happy coding,
Antoine,
The GCC Team

Dechcaudron

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 10:10:04 AM »
Hey there,

Yes, I followed everything as specified. Even tried to begin from zero and still get the same error. I can't figure out why it works for you guys, but I think I might have spotted the source of the error. Have a look at this:

As you can see, inside that .dll package called Npgsql you have there (or whatever it is called, I don't know much outside C#) you have two different Npgsql assemblies with the same name. This is the first one:

It is evident that you guys define the method there. The second one, though, has a slightly different content:

When using Xamarin Studio (I tried both Stable and Beta release, both do the same in this case) to work with NpgsqlParameterCollection, it only seems to use the second one (I can see its methods via autocomplete, which leads me to think it ignores the first -and right- one). Both assemblies define the same class name inside the same namespace. Perhaps you forgot to remove an older version of the package? Tell me if I'm wrong or there is anything I can do to help.

Let's make this a great online platform altogether,
Dechcaudron
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 10:13:56 AM by Dechcaudron »

Antoine

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 10:34:49 AM »
Hi Dechcaudron,

Thanks for pointing that out. Have you tried to remove the one that is in the project references (which is being used by Xamarin) and leave only the one you add after opening the solution?

Happy coding,
Antoine,
The GCC Team

Dechcaudron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 11:37:57 AM »
Hi Antoine,

Just tried it. Took a bit of struggling and re-adding the dll a couple times, but I finally managed to make it work. This is what the console outputs, though:

Unhandled Exception:
Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
permission denied for relation players
Severity: ERROR
Code: 42501
  at Npgsql.NpgsqlState+<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__9.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.GetNextResponseObject (Boolean cleanup) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Npgsql.NpgsqlException:
permission denied for relation players
Severity: ERROR
Code: 42501
  at Npgsql.NpgsqlState+<ProcessBackendResponses_Ver_3>d__9.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Npgsql.ForwardsOnlyDataReader.GetNextResponseObject (Boolean cleanup) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
The application was terminated by a signal: SIGHUP

Is that what is supposed to happen? I'll keep on trying to get the game running while you answer.

Dechcaudron

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 11:57:39 AM »
Alright, so this is what happens:

Although game_MyGame is owned by user MyGame, it seemed that the table players belonged to the main user, so that is why the system didn't let me enter. I changed the owner of the specific table to MyGame, and it now works! Is there anything you have to (or can) do to make this more accesible?

Thanks a lot,
Dechcaudron

Antoine

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 12:38:03 PM »
Hi Dechcaudron,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Yes, it seems that the table itself needs to have the owner set to the newly created role. Of course, we'll try to make this as easy to deploy to Mac users as possible. Thank you very much for reporting this issues!

If you have any questions regarding the emulator and its operation, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Also, when you have the time, please share your thoughts about the emulator with us, your feedback is much appreciated!

Happy coding,
Antoine,
The GCC Team
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 12:43:53 PM by Antoine »

Dechcaudron

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 05:01:02 PM »
Hi Antoine,

Sure I will give feedback on the emulator :) as soon as I learn to use it properly (almost got it)
By the way, I registered for the cloud demo and though I verified via email, I can't get to log in (Your Account is not enabled). Is that what is supposed to happen?

Dechcaudron

georgi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 11:28:25 PM »
Your GCC registration is already enabled. Enjoy our cloud demo.

the GCC team