Author Topic: Game Cloud Emulator Bugs  (Read 7570 times)

Dechcaudron

• View Profile
Re: Game Cloud Emulator Bugs
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 06:57:27 PM »
Hi again!

This is not a bug, but I did find an "issue". Serialization via BinaryWriter/Reader does not seem able to transmit double byte characters (I cannot write things like María, I got Mar??a, and I don't even want to try writing España). is there a "workaround" for this?

Thanks beforehand,
Dechcaudron

AMarinov

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 07:48:19 AM »
Hi,
I am pretty sure that is not an issue on our side.
Please provide more information related to the problem you have, with a sample of the serialization and deserialization code you use when you have it, also in which conditions it happens, do you notice it on emulator, or when running game on our server?

Dechcaudron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2014, 09:46:11 AM »
What coding do you provide the BinaryWriter-s and BinaryReader-s of your libraries? There should be no problem if you are using UTF-8

AMarinov

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 02:06:50 PM »
The encoding of BinaryWriter and BinaryReader is UTF-8 by default.
Please provide us a sample project reproducing this problem so we could investigate.
You can e-mail it to me directly.

Dechcaudron

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 07:48:47 AM »
Good morning my friends,

just updated to the latest version of the GCC plugin for Unity, and I am getting this of error in Mac OSX in the Unity Editor:

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute' from assembly 'GCCUpdater'.
System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/MonoCustomAttrs.cs:108)
System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/MonoCustomAttrs.cs:151)
System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, Boolean inherit) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/MonoCustomAttrs.cs:273)
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetCustomAttributes (Boolean inherit) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/Assembly.cs:240)
UnityEditor.AssemblyHelper.IsTypeInEditorAssembly (System.Type t)

Have fun,
Dechcaudron

Antoine

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2014, 09:00:31 AM »
Hi Dechcaudron,

Thank you for reporting this, it seems that the target framework for the updater was .NET 4.5 when it was built, which caused the problem. We've made it .NET 3.5 and now everything should be OK. You can download the plug-in from Developers page

Thanks again,
Antoine,
The GCC Team

Dechcaudron

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 10:02:41 AM »
Thanks to you Antoine,

I updated the Editor folder directly, I'm guessing the generated files don't need any fixing, is that right?

Also, thank your for solving this so quickly. All updates to the libraries can be done inside Unity now?

Hi5,
Dechcaudron

Antoine

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 10:10:42 AM »
Hi Dechcaudron,

Yes, only the files in Editor need to be updated, generated files should be fine. And yes, the plug-in and package will be updated automatically should there be a newer version :)

Happy coding,
Antoine,
The GCC Team

Dechcaudron

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 10:19:13 AM »
Awesome sauce Antoine, great job!