Author Topic: Non demo generation generates "bad" files  (Read 1306 times)

Dechcaudron

• View Profile
Non demo generation generates "bad" files
« on: September 29, 2014, 04:12:19 PM »
Hi there,

just downloaded the new API and assets. On from-scratch, only server files generation, the csProject file also seems to be looking for links to files that do not exist. I assume they are scripts shared by both the server and local side of the demo game. Also, I get a couple broken references more:

As you can see, Npgsql.pdb (which I've no idea what it is) and the base gameCore are both broken references. Leaving aside the pdb file, if the GameCore is broken many of us find it a bit harder to start working with the API. I suggest you amend this ASAP.

Finally, http://game-cloud.org/docs.html#macemulator
The "Run the server" section is completely outdated. References seem to be automatically linked now and things can get a bit confusing for newbies. Update required.

Just leaving this here my friends, have a look at it when you have the time :)
Dechcaudron

Dechcaudron

• View Profile
Re: Non demo generation generates "bad" files
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 04:26:04 PM »
heh I found the GameCore file. It wasn't linked, and it was named GameCore instead of [Game]GameCore, but it was there. It is somewhat empty and the in-document documentation is outdated. Also, ulong connectionId (as I can see in the official documentation) is named as "param" in the supplied code. Minor issues, of course, but still issues I guess :) (everything gets less tense with a happy face in the end).

By the way, I am so glad we finally have a documented API. Great work there.

Happy face :)
Dechcaudron